GSSAPI support for mailwatch panel plugin

Charles Leclerc charles at la-mouette.net
Thu Jan 5 13:14:32 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

This is my first contribution to XFCE. I needed GSSAPI support for IMAP
in the mailwatch panel plugin. So I wrote a patch to add this
functionality to the plugin, with the help of the GSSAPI implementation
in balsa. I wrote it for POP3 and IMAP because it is very similar.

What I did :

- Add a GSSAPI option in configure.ac.in, the option being disabled by
default
- Add the GSSAPI authentication protocol for POP3 and IMAP, prior to
the CRAM MD5 one. If no tickets are available, GSSAPI is cancelled and
classic authentication is used ; Therefore empty passwords in the
configuration have to be allowed.
- My best to respect the coding style of the plugin.

I tested it myself and it seems to work well. I attached the patch to
this message and wondered if it would be useful to open an enhancement
ticket in bugzilla, for upstream use.

Regards,
Charles