new on this list

Jürgen Hamel jh at cyrus.de
Wed Aug 8 20:00:50 CEST 2012

Hi,
my name is Jürgen Hamel and I am the creator and developer of the
C.U.O.N. Project (www.cuon.org).
Since some years I using the xfce Desktop, but in my project was some
gnome bindings. Last Year I begun to remove all gnome bindings. C.U.O.N.
is programmed in python and GTK, just porting it to GTK3.

Now to my concern:
I think about to create a cuon setup in that way, that cuon is working
as a PIM for XFCE.

Simplified it shall be 3 steps:

1) to create a special setup routine to install a cuon-server for a very
simply environment with 1 client and 1 user (let us call it
cuon-home-server).At this time only companies are working with cuon.

2) in the client (cuon-home-client) mostly all things are disabled and
invisible, only the Addresses with partners, scheduling and certainly
the DMS (Document Management System) are working. Perhaps I need some
special GUI masks for that.

3) At last a special xfce mode is programming to integrate it better in
XFCE.

There exists also a small Android Client for cuon, so the user has
access to all the data , like a mini cloud. The cuon-server transform
the documents from the DMS to PDF and send them to the Android client.
Certainly phone and email is working well with that.

Please, tell me if you like this idea,

bye
Jürgen Hamel

--
Cyrus-Computer GmbH Linux Server Support Jürgen Hamel
Cuon - Warenwirtschaft mit Linux  http://www.cuon.org