xfc web server

Nick Schermer nick at xfce.org
Tue Apr 10 09:25:32 CEST 2012

On 2012-04-09 23:09, Bo Lorentsen wrote:
> On 2012-04-09 19:45, Nick Schermer wrote:
>> Ok, done. You can clone the the new repo:
>>
>> http://git.xfce.org/www/xfc.xfce.org/
> Perfect, thanks !
>> Commits are applied every 15 minute iirc on the webserver.
> I still have one small problem, I normally have a reference to some
> doxygen generated output, but this will need another approach now, I
> ether need some kind of script to run on the server to make this
> output, or I need to doxygen output to be part of the new www git
> repos.

You can generate that on your pc and commit that in the xfc.xfce.org
repository. I doubt that is required multiple times a day ;-).

> Where are we doing and storing semi generated output ?
>> Please don't put release tarballs on the website, but make releases
>> with the release manager. This way large files are distributed over
>> the mirrors.
> I may be a bit slow here, but are there any wiki doc on this flow, or
> have I just not been hanging out the right places at the right time
> (nothing new here :)) ?

Well, for us the release manager is perfect, but it means we only
release source tarballs. And that's also what everything has been
designed for, so you (as a releases) cannot upload anything else then
tar.bz2 packages.

Nick