Desktop icon grid

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Wed Sep 28 16:20:58 CEST 2011

Am 28.09.2011 14:29, schrieb Nick Schermer:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Stealth<stealth at xfce.org>  wrote:
>>
>> Hello, I was wanting to make the desktop icons move around "freely" and
>> not snap to a grid. I'm sending this to make sure its not already
>> been/being implemented (and to get some info if its not being
>> implemented)
>
> FYI: http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.10/roadmap/xfdesktop
>
> Nick

After reading that page, I stumbled over 'Improve Responsiveness of File
Operations'. The paragraph talks about the deletion/copy/move, but I
noticed that thunar became less responsive for the copy/move/whatever
dialog too (progress information/time estimation). If you're shoving
files over a slow net connection, thunar freezes up sometimes which is
especially bad when it's running as a daemon. Are there any plans to
restore the responsiveness for these things too?

I'm really missing the almost-instant responsiveness of the time
estimation dialog of pre-gvfs-thunar, now it only updates every few
seconds if everything goes well.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'