GTK+ 3

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 06:55:32 CEST 2011

On 10/16/11 16:06, Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 08:58:54 +0530
> "dE ."<de.techno at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Even if tabs are implemented, what harm will it pose on users not in
>> favor of using tabs? Those who'll use will use it, those who won't,
>> won't use it.
> More (unused) code = bloat = needs more memory = things gets slower.
>
> If it could be implemented as a plugin it wouldn't make any
> "harm" (except consuming developer and support time)
>
> -nc
The main bottleneck is Developer support then, to maintain a large
codebase; as I've stated before, it's time for xfce to become
mainstream, more 'heavy' cause we already have a lighter DE -- LXDE
which all distros are adopting instead of XFCE for a light weight distro
(Lubuntu is 12th while Xubuntu is 26th on distrowatch), so the
objectives of Xfce needs to change.