Accessibility in Xfce: Viewing terminal output in Accerciser

Sean Normoyle stn825 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 01:00:58 CEST 2011

Hey everybody,
First off, I should introduce myself. My name is Sean Normoyle and I am a
senior computer science student at Western New England University. This
semester, me and three other students will be attempting to improve
accessibility for visually impaired users of Xfce. Specifically, our team
has decided to investigate reading terminal output audibly via Orca's
text-to-speech.

With that said, our first issue is viewing the output of and events caused
by the terminal within the Accerciser application. However, in order to be
able to this, Joanie Diggs has mentioned to me that we have to enable
accessibility from within Xfce settings. In particular, there is a tab
within this window that is not displayed in Xfce 4.8 (she recommended that I
might have to build and install version 4.10...?). I am new to using Xfce
but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

--
Sean Normoyle
www.cynicollision.net<http://cynicollision.net/blog/first-entry-for-cs-490/>