Deskbar panel mode

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 14 15:09:45 CET 2011

On 14/11/2011 18:02, Nick Schermer wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply.

Hi Nick,

No problem about that.

> Is a single rows property per-panel not good enough here + vertical
> deskbar mode? I think with those 2 you can create almost every kind of
> setup.
>
> I have my doubt with the small property.

Yeah, I think I know why. I also was wary of adding it but I couldn't
come up with a better solution. Do you have any other idea of how to
communicate back to the itembar that the plug-in wants to be laid out in
an array?

The only other solution I can think of is detecting that the plug-in
requested a size that is smaller or equal to the row size. This way we
could remove the "small" property but IMHO it would introduce more
complexity the design (as the size would got another implicit meaning).

I chose an explicit design at the cost of one more property (which
defaults to FALSE, which means plugins that do not support it will look
same as before).

If you don't mind, I'd like to get your advice on how to improve this
design.

> Anyway, looks good.

Thanks, I'll continue working on this, then. I found a couple of
problems with layout and stability so the code is not ready for the
integration anyway.

Andrzej