Finding components within Xfce: terminal, orca, ...

Sean Normoyle stn825 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 02:38:38 CET 2011

Hi everybody,
I'm working with a couple other classmates (we're seniors at Western New
England in Heidi Ellis' class) on a project concerning reading text from
the terminal aloud by interacting with Orca. We're really early on in this
endeavor, so right now we are just looking through the repositories in an
attempt to locate the components that we plan on working with. Namely,
there are 4 that we have thought of but any advice at all regarding the
project or tips would be greatly appreciated.

The components we are looking for are:
- The terminal, in order to retrieve text such as input and output
- The accessibility window, in order to add an option to turn our service
on/off
- Keyboard interaction, in order to activate keyboard shortcuts
- Orca, in order to read the text that has been retrieved from the terminal

Basically we are trying to figure out which modules of Xfce we need to
worry about working with as far as programming, resources, etc. Any help at
all is really appreciated!

--
Sean Normoyle
www.cynicollision.net<http://cynicollision.net/blog/first-entry-for-cs-490/>