Removal of the location button

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Mon Nov 7 17:07:59 CET 2011

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 00:59:04 +0900
Andrzej <ndrwrdck at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 11/08/2011 12:29 AM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> >
> > Your ideas aren't bad but this belongs into to its thread.
>
> Jannis, thank you for your input. To summarize myself:
>
> 1. I have no problem with removing the down-arrow button, in the
> current form it doesn't do anything useful. And even if it did, it's
> only visible in one mode (which is a sort of a fall-back option).
> 2. There is a potential future use for it but such function could be
> added into the Go menu (as you said) or be implemented in some other
> way.

Ok. Similar thoughts here.

> As for going off-topic - sorry about that. I thought some of my
> thoughts could be useful later. I didn't really want to start 3~4 new
> threads but I wanted to write them basic ideas down or, in an hour,
> they would be all lost. As you noticed, they are all minor
> improvements.

That's ok, I don't mind if related ideas are proposed in the same
thread. I just want to avoid that they are discussed in broad if they
are not entirely on-topic. Feel free to create a new thread about
pathbar vs. location bar (naming, menu items to select the modes).
Perhaps, if we come to a consensus that something needs to be changed at
all and how to change it, someone else can work on that instead of
myself.

  - Jannis