Removal of the location button

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:03:08 CET 2011

On 11/07/2011 08:39 AM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm considering to drop the button right next to the location entry in
> Thunar. Here's a screenshot with this button highlighted in red:
>
>    http://mocha.xfce.org/~jannis/screenshots/xfce/thunar-location-button-20111107.png
>
> This button is supposed to show all volumes and bookmarks (so, whatever
> is visible in the shortcuts side pane as well). Does anyone care deeply
> about it or can I remove it without hurting the efficiency of anyone's
> workflow?

Not at all. I didn't even realized it was there.

Another alternative would be to make it display recently or most often
browsed directories - that's what Firefox does. This could actually be a
useful feature.

Also, perhaps I should file a bug(?) for it, I found that in
"View/Location Selector" menu checkboxes are swapped. That is, when
"Pathbar Style" is selected a toolbar is shown, and vice versa. Perhaps
it is better to use here mutually exclusive radiobuttons anyway.

Andrzej