Mouse and touchpad settings dialog layout 7 of 20)

xfcemailing.kyoo at xoxy.net xfcemailing.kyoo at xoxy.net
Sun May 22 19:43:59 CEST 2011

On 05/22/2011 12:56 PM, Nick Schermer - nickschermer at gmail.com wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Jari Rahkonen
> <jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi>  wrote:

>> On the touchpad tab, what does "Enable mouse clicks with touchpad" mean? Tap
>> to click? I'd try to think of another way to put this, possibly without the
>> word "mouse".
>
> The event is still a mouse click, however in the tooltip i can mention
> you can tap the touchpad to generate a click.

I would call the setting "tap to click" as Jari described it.  That's
what I know the setting as from other touchpad setup dialogs and I think
it's less confusing than "Enable mouse clicks with touchpad" which makes
me think of the touchpad's buttons.

If you're looking for more options (more work :) ) once you get the
basics set up, there are the corner taps which I find useful (ex:
(synaptics driver xorg config) 'Option LTCornerButton "2"' to tap the
top left corner for middle click).  But that's just an extra.