Rename Terminal to xfce4-terminal

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:43:00 CEST 2011

Folks,

In Fedora it was suggested to rename the Name key from Terminal to
"Xfce Terminal". I agree with this change since its not easy to
distinguish terminals in the menu (the exo preferred one and the
normal terminal as a start).

However the terminal name is also a bit unfortunate and I'm
considering to rename the whole thing to xfce4-terminal. The old
project is dead for a long time now and some distros already rename it
(using --program-transform-name).

To do that properly not only a hand full of changes in the code is
required, the package needs to be renamed as well (new download
location, new package names in distros, changed git location.. etc).

Do other think this is worth the effort? And can distros provide a
clean migration path for this?

Nick