Keyboard shortcut rework merged in git master branch of libxfce4ui

Jérôme Guelfucci jeromeg at xfce.org
Fri Jun 3 00:17:56 CEST 2011

Hello,

I just merged the rework of the keyboard shortcuts code which fixes
various tiny issues with our previous code. The main issue was that
random shortcuts were not grabbed on startup but that restarting the
daemon after that would grab them correctly.

The new code uses gdk_keymap_add_virtual_modifiers /
gdk_keymap_map_virtual_modifiers to handle modifiers which allows us to
remove our home brewed code. We now also grab all keycodes generating
the wanted keyval where as we only grabbed the first one before.

There is one remaining issue which I did not manage to fix yet: keyboard
shortcuts using one of the keypad numbers still have no effect. This
works fine in xfwm4 so I have hope that we can get it to work one day.
Any help is appreciated on this, I'm clueless on why it does not work in
libxfce4ui.

Please report any issue you may have with the new code, I'll work on
fixing them.

Cheers,

Jérôme