"keep in launcher" for xfce4-panel window list

Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva tolkiendili at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 05:14:43 CEST 2011

2011/7/7 Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva <tolkiendili at gmail.com>:

> I'm looking into how unity implements this. It seems that it doesn't
> just check the binary being run and re-run it. (I think it is because
> of apps that has shell script wrappers like firefox and scilab). It
> seems to look for a .desktop which I'm unsure how to locate. Maybe I
> can reuse unity code?

I'm not entirely sure, but it seems to use this library to match it:

https://launchpad.net/bamf

It seems to deal with a growing list of of corner cases (some here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/657771 )

So maybe this feature in xfce4-panel would mean to add a dependency on bamf.

.. however xfce4-panel is extensible, so one could fork the window
list into a separate plugin and add this feature there.