Blocking bugs for Xfce-oriented distros

Marek Kozlowski kozlowsm at mini.pw.edu.pl
Sun Jan 30 23:09:42 CET 2011

On 01/30/11 22:25, Andreas Radke wrote:
> Am Sun, 30 Jan 2011 19:21:58 +0100
> schrieb Marek Kozlowski <kozlowsm at mini.pw.edu.pl>:
>
>> Works under both Gentoo and Arch Linux (x86_64, 1440x900, 120 DPI).
>> Unfortunately...
>> I observe quite a strange behavior: the weather icon in the panel
>> sometimes gets XXXL in size ;-) while sometimes it is displayed as a
>> very small one. Cannot observe any regularity... Sometimes (quite
>> often) it works fine.
>> I suppose that there is some scaling change in the new lib...
>
> Same here in Arch. Sometimes the icon is small and temps are shown,
> sometimes the icon is too big and no temp is shown. But this is only
> one plugin and it is based on a git shot and a patch from the bug
> tracker, it's not an official release. So I don't think it's a major
> blocker. You should report it somewhere to the tracker anyway.

Tested under x86 (both systems) and the same result. Fortunately: the
'xfce4-panel -r' usually helps. The problem of too large icon and no
temperature occurs mostly during the first XFCE session after booting.

I know it's only one plug-in but I find it very important: all people
that use the XFCE I know are using it. Maybe cause we have quite
changeable weather in Poland this year... ;-) It's only one quite simple
plug-in so I hope that for experienced XFCE developers it requires a
very little work to fix it. A very little effort and a lot of
appreciation :-)

Best regards,
Marek