Questions on Xfce4.8 installation

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Wed Jan 19 20:41:25 CET 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:18:31 +0530
"Navaneeth.K.N" <navaneethkn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just installed the new version (4.8) and works great. Thanks for the
> great product. I have installed this on my Arch Linux. But the new
> version is not yet available on the fedora repositories. So I am
> planning to compile & install Xfce from the fat tarball provided. I
> have following questions,

Note that 4.8 was built the day of release in rawhide, and should be in
fedora 15. ;) We aren't going to update stable releases with it
however.

Christoph has a 4.8 repo for f13/f14, but it still has a pre-release in
it. I'm not sure if / when he plans to update it:
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/cwickert/xfce-4.8/

kevin