testing panel plugins

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 00:21:00 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/1/18 Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org>:
>> On mar., 2011-01-18 at 18:58 +0100, Mike Massonnet wrote:
>>> I don't understand what you are trying to achieve. If you put desktop
>>> files in the panel config dir, for 4.6, what are you expecting?
>>
>> I guess that they appear in the Panel / Add new item menu?
>
> I re-read the directory name...
>
> Right! So yeah, if it ain't working you can file a bug IMO :)

Not a bug, of at least if was left out on purpose. The reason was
operating system that have 32 and 64 bit libs/apps on 1 system. They
cannot be mixed, but were detected by the panel. /lib and /share are
hardcoded during compile time (also the X-XFCE-Module-Path thingy
became unneeded), so easy to lookup, in ~/.local this is not the case
and could results in crashes is 64/32 are mixed.

Nick