release date

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sun Jan 16 00:18:19 CET 2011

Hey,

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 22:45:03 +0100
"jp.guillemin" <jp.guillemin at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just have a question about the status of xfdesktop. As far as I
> understand the 4.8 schedule, it's supposed to be released tomorrow
> (tell me if I'm wrong). I'm worrying about several blocker bugs in
> xfdesktop, as well as important missing feature such like the trash.
> I've seen no commit about these bugs in GIT, so I assume that
> xfdesktop is still very far from being ready for stable release.

The blockers in bugzilla are not really blockers. That may be confusing
but they are only marked as blockers so that we have it easier finding
them again. Those are the bugs we were interested in looking at once
again before the release but if they are not fixed, then so be it.

There will be individual stable releases for the different components
in the future, so some of those issues might be resolved soon. Delaying
Xfce any futher doesn't add value to the release.

> Will XFCE 4.8 be released with actual GIT xfdesktop ?

Yes, tomorrow.

  - Jannis