thunar-volman and gudev

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Wed Jan 12 10:19:16 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm preparing xfce 4.8 ports for FreeBSD and I'm also bringing the
other not directly bundled apps to their latest version to get as much
4.8 supporting apps as possible.

I also tried this with thunar-volman and found out, that 0.5.3 (in my
case) now wants gudev to be installed on the System.
There is no gudev implementation for FreeBSD - so - does that mean,
thunar-volman will no longer work on FreeBSD or is there a way to
disable the gudev requirement? I found no switch in configure for
disabling it so I guess the answer will be "No, thunar-volman will
only run on Linux and this is intended"?!

    Greetings, Oliver