Newbie Working On Xfce-Panel Documentation

S. Miller shara.miller at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 01:46:42 CET 2011

Hi all,

I just wanted to say hello and to let you all know that I'm taking a stab at
contributing to the xfce-panel documentation. After emailing both Jérôme and
Nick (as well as reading and messing about with Mallard), I'm currently
working on my first revision of additions to the panel documentation. I have
no real plan as far as what order I'm going to work on the different topics,
but right now I'm starting with the Panel section (Add New Plugins / Prefs /
Getting Started / Theming). After I'm done I'm going to post a patch of the
additions / changes on Bugzilla for testing and reviewing.

Is there anyone already working on anything within the panel docs? I don't
want to duplicate anyone's work. Also, are there any other technical writing
resources besides Gnome's software writing handbook? I've found some
resources, but they don't focus on writing documentation for end-users
specifically.

Thanks!

--Shara