Xfce 4.10 Release Cycle Information [update]
nickschermer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 15:45:53 CET 2011
A small update on the planned features for 4.10. In the last week we
discussed some other clean-ups and agreed to including new modules in
the the core of Xfce. Below a list of the additional changes.
See http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.10/roadmap for the full roadmap.
(this time without copy/paste mistake).
2011-02-13 - 2011-11-05: Development Phase
2011-11-06 - 2012-01-15: Release Phase
2011-11-06: Xfce 4.10pre1 release / Feature freeze
2011-12-04: Xfce 4.10pre2 release / String freeze
2012-01-08: Xfce 4.10pre3 release / Code freeze
2012-01-15: Xfce 4.10 final release
* upower and consolekit for Xfce4-power-manager. Versions need to be
* tumbler also has some additional dependencies for some of the generators.
Their GIT repositories will be moved from apps/ and libs/ to xfce/.
Additional Planned Features
* Remove the upower/consolekit shutdown code and use the service that
Xfce4-power-manager is going to provide. This way we have all the
linux-depended code in a single place. If the service failed
Xfce4-session manager will fall-back to sudo, so it will continue to
working without Xfpm on some BSD platforms.
* Xfce4-tips will be removed.
* Merge xfce4-settings-helper in xfsettingsd to reduce the number of
More information about the Xfce4-dev