Xfce Foundation e.V. launched at FOSDEM!

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Feb 9 16:09:21 CET 2011

Hey,

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 08:59:04 -0600
Adam Miller <maxamillion at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 11:00:01PM +0100, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > as some of you might have read, several of us Xfce developers and
> > packagers have attended FOSDEM this weekend. There was a lot of
> > talking and a bit of brainstorming of course. Together we enjoyed
> > food, beer, talks and also did something that we have been
> > struggling with for several years now: we launched a non-profit
> > organization for Xfce.
> >
> > Yes, you read correctly: the
> >
> >   Xfce Foundation e.V.
> <SNIP>
>
> Congrats!!!! That's amazing!
>
> So ... when/where can I start donating money? I've wanted to join the
> project and contribute patches and the like but as time goes on my
> free time is running out so my ability to offer time/effort is less
> and less but I can spare a little for a monthly monetary donation. I
> want to support Xfce any way that I am able. :)

Sounds great! :)

We still have to register the Xfce Foundation in Germany which I think
will take another 2 months. I'm not sure whether we are allowed to
receive donations before that already but I will check.

I like the idea of small monthly donations. AFAIK, there even is a
PayPal feature for subscriptions that is also used by Ardour. Maybe we
can set something like that up soon.

  - Jannis