Final periode of the planning phase for 4.10

Porcelain Mouse porcelain_mouse at q.com
Tue Feb 8 20:34:03 CET 2011

Hello Dev Team,

I hope this a good time to mention environment sounds and xkbbell.  The
Fedora folks have lead me to believe they are waiting for XFCE to address
this issue.  So, that is why I'm mentioning it, here.

AFAIK, XFCE isn't cluttered with environment sounds for buttons clicks and
window actions.  That suits me just fine.  But, on distributions with
PulseAudio, which doesn't support xkbbell (in the recommended
configuration), using XFCE results in lost xkbbell events.

I'm not requesting any particular solution, but I would like to understand
how the XFCE Dev Team would prefer to address this issue.  I'm also
willing to help work on this, if that's useful.

Thanks,
PMouse