accessibility-dialog.glade can't open in glade

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Wed Dec 7 02:02:58 CET 2011

On 12/06/2011 02:40 PM, Sean Doherty wrote:
> libxfce4ui is installed on my machine, and I configured it with
> /./configure --enable-gladeui/, but I still get the same failed to load
> error message.
>
> I'm trying to open the accessibility dialog in glade to add a check box.
> Maybe there is an easier way to do this I am completely missing?
> Also, I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to Xfce.
>
> Any more assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Just to be sure, you have done:

   $ ./configure --enable-gladeui
   $ make
   $ sudo make install

That should (in theory) install the missing catalog files into the
directory listed when you run:

   $ pkg-config --variable=catalogdir gladeui-1.0

Or it might wind up in `/usr/local/share/glade3/catalogs` (might be same
location).

If that doesn't work, you could try starting Glade like this:

   $ GLADE_CATALOG_SEARCH_PATH=/path/to/libxfce4ui/glade glade-3

Obviously replacing `/path/to` with the location where you cloned the
libxfce4ui repository to.  That will cause Glade to look for the missing
catalog file in the directory where you built libxfce4ui (assuming you
did an in-tree build as described above).

Other than that, perhaps asking on #xfce-dev IRC channel or wait for an
XFCE developer to respond here.

Good Luck,
Matthew Brush