[Xfce4-commits] <xfce4-session:master> Reuse existing ConsoleKit sessions (bug #6685).

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Wed Sep 8 13:43:09 CEST 2010

On 08/09/2010 12:54, Enrico Tröger wrote:

> Now, with the change above, I can't do any of these things.
> xfce4-session-logout only offers Logout, reboot and halt are disabled.
> Also mounting my USB stick doesn't work with this change.
>

> Has anyone else similar problems or is just me?
>
> Btw, all this happens on Debian Testing.

I assume consolekit is installed? Is it correctly started? What does
'ck-list-session' return? How *exactly* do you start xfce?

There's a README.Debian in xfce4-session which helps for that, but it
applies more to Xfce 4.6 so I'm not sure it'd work for 4.7.

The “correct” way to do it, using console is:

* install consolekit
* don't use a .xinitrc
* don't call startxfce4
* put “exec startxfce4" in .xsessionrc
* call startx (*only*, no arg, nothing)

This way, scripts in /etc/X11/Xsession.d will be executed, and
especially 90consolekit, which will start it for you.

Hope that helps,
--
Yves-Alexis