Problems with PKG_CONFIG_PATH while compiling Xfce 4.7

Robert V. Bolton robert at robertvbolton.com
Mon Oct 25 23:19:39 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to compile the various components of Xfce 4.7 and thus far
have cloned the following Git repositories: xfce4-dev-tools,
libxfce4util, xfconf thus far. While compiling xfconf I get the
following error:

*** The required package dbus-1 was not found on your system.
*** Please install dbus-1 (atleast version 1.0.0) or adjust
*** the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
*** installed the package in a nonstandard prefix so that
*** pkg-config is able to find it.

I also received that same error for libxfce4util but was about to add
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig to PKG_CONFIG_PATH, but I can't seem to find
correct path needed to add dbus. I have dbus-1.2.24 installed on my
machine, but can find the correct location for it. How should I setup my
PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable on my Fedora 13 x86_64 machine if I'm planning
on installing Xfce 4.7 in /usr/local ?

--
*Robert V. Bolton*
/Geek,Technology Enthusiast,Linux Systems Administrator,Python