Xfce Foundation status

Hungerburg pch13 at myzel.net
Thu Oct 14 17:13:15 CEST 2010

Hello, I am by chance on the list, and been lurking some time. May I
share my thoughts, then read on. My merits? Recently I crafted similar
statutes in Austria. Its very close to Germany.

ortho:
0.3 s/Bilder/Bildern/
2.2.d s/unterstützende Bilder/unterstützender Bilder/

You might include some means of teleconferencing of the assembly,
not-secret votes via signed e-mail eg. otherwise people from farther
away may end up having no say.

Just out of curiosity: do you plan to employ people? CEO
(Geschäftsführer), etc. May be useful/necessary, but makes everything
much more complicated: will you rent an office?

Personally, I do not consider the word "foundation" a good choice. a
foundation (Stiftung) is something very different from a Verein (club,
society, association). But maybe thats just my bad command of the
englisch language: what is the FSF charity actually (can someone explain
in German)?

Generally, the articles are in line with the defaults of a non-profit.
The Goals read reasonable.

--
peter