xfwm4 version 4.6.2 does not work with Xinerama?

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Fri Oct 8 15:43:29 CEST 2010

On 08/10/2010 15:18, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Does anybody got Xinerama workign with xfwm4 version 4.6.2 on Debian SID?

Yes, altough I think you mean “randr 1.2”.

> I am having the following behaviour when xorg configured with an
> Xinerama set-up:
>
> My second monitor is configured as bellow the primary screen so I drag
> windows from above to below trying to get them on the second monitor.
>
> Dragging a window to the second monitor (Xinerama) works partially, the
> window will go as far the top border. It wont go any further! For a
> large windows playing video this means the video can be dragged to the
> other screen until the top border hits the bottom of the first screen.
>
> This feels like some kind of bug in the wm to be but I cant find any
> information about it...

I can confirm this, but I'm not sure it's xfwm fault, it seems that the
panel placement will greatly influence that. Basically when there's a
panel on the path it something fishy happens, so it might be related to
xfce4-panel.

But yeah, afaict, it only happens in a vertical screens placement with
an horizontal panel between them (wether on the bottom of the top screen
or on the top of bottom screen).

Yves-Alexis