xfwm4 version 4.6.2 does not work with Xinerama?

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Fri Oct 8 15:18:26 CEST 2010

Hello everybody,

Does anybody got Xinerama workign with xfwm4 version 4.6.2 on Debian SID?

$ xfwm4 --version
This is xfwm4 version 4.6.2 (revision 74b960b) for Xfce 4.6.2
Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Compiled against GTK+-2.20.1, using GTK+-2.20.1.

Build configuration and supported features:
- Startup notification support:                 Yes
- XSync support:                                Yes
- Render support:                               Yes
- Xrandr support:                               Yes
- Embedded compositor:                          Yes
- KDE systray proxy (deprecated):               No

I am having the following behaviour when xorg configured with an
Xinerama set-up:

My second monitor is configured as bellow the primary screen so I drag
windows from above to below trying to get them on the second monitor.

Dragging a window to the second monitor (Xinerama) works partially, the
window will go as far the top border. It wont go any further! For a
large windows playing video this means the video can be dragged to the
other screen until the top border hits the bottom of the first screen.

This feels like some kind of bug in the wm to be but I cant find any
information about it...

Any help is appreciated.

With kind regards,

Jelle de Jong