question about accessibility

Jonathan Nadeau j.nadeau at charter.net
Sun Nov 21 00:51:32 CET 2010

Hello list,

I'm a blind linux user that uses the orca screen reader. I was wondering
would it be possible to get orca in order to work on xfce? I know with
some modifacation some people have been able to get orca working on
xfce. Has anyone looked into this? It would be great if something could
be done about this because xfce would be great for a blind person to use
due to the light weight features of xfce. It is great that gnome is
accessible but as a blind person I don't even need 75% of what gnome
offers. I think xfce would be a great addition to the blind community if
it were accessible. Please let me know if this would be a possibility
and I'm willing to do any testing that would be nessasary for this to be
done. Thanks for your time and help.

--Jonathan Nadeau