Create graphical installer to Git

Ernesto Acosta elav at ipichcb.rimed.cu
Mon Nov 8 20:27:43 CET 2010

On 11/08/2010 12:41 PM, Mike Massonnet wrote:
> 2010/11/8 Ernesto Acosta<elav at ipichcb.rimed.cu>:
>
>> On 11/08/2010 12:32 PM, Mike Massonnet wrote:
>>
>>> There is no installer.
>>>
>>> If you want an installer someone will have to step up and create it
>>> with installit available in git.
>>>
>>> So yes, you have currently to download the tarballs and compile each by
>>> hand.
>>>
>>> Kind Regards
>>>

>> This is exactly what I want to know, how to use installer in Git. Is there
>> documentation on this?
>>
> Ok, great :)
>
> The svn branch has moved here:
>
> http://git.xfce.org/xfce/installit/tree/?h=installer-single-file
>
> To check it out run the following commands:
>   git clone git://git.xfce.org/xfce/installit --branch installer-single-file
>
> The following git repository contains the so-named "Xfce config" as
> written in the wiki:
>   http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce-installers/
>
> I hope this will be enough for a good start.
>
> Kind Regards

And I set to work. Create a folder called xfce and run this command,
since I could not do it with this one.

Then execute:
$ Sudo. / Autogen
$ Sudo make
$ Sudo make install

This I created some files and files. Then I downloaded the file
xfce-4.8pre1.tar.bz2 the following address:

http://mocha.xfce.org/archive/xfce/4.8pre1/fat_tarballs/

I unzipped. But what do I do? When I was in Xfce SVN I did was download
this file

http://mocha.xfce.org/archive/xfce-4.6.1/fat_tarballs/xfce-4.6.1-src.tar.bz2

Then decompress the. Tar.bz that came with it, eg

libxfce4menu-4.6.1.tar.bz2

And rename it to

libxfce4menu-4.6.1

Ejecutabe then the make command and ready .. It worked. Now I have to do
once I downloaded the file xfce-4.8pre1.tar.bz2?...............

--

Saludos: *Ernesto Acosta.*

- Linux User: *# 468707*
- Ubuntu User: *# 32380*