Status of Xfce 4.8

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Tue Jun 15 21:19:09 CEST 2010

On mar., 2010-06-15 at 11:39 -0700, Joshua Saddler wrote:

> It's not Xfce's problem; it's Xubuntu's/AWN's failure. There is in
> fact a .desktop file shipped with it, which you should have checked
> for before sending your email. Look
> in /usr/share/applications/xfce-settings-manager.desktop:

Well, Xubuntu ships the file too:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=contents&keywords=xfce-settings-manager.desktop&mode=exactfilename&suite=lucid&arch=any

And yes, OnlyShowIn setting is quite hard to understand when you have
modular desktop environment. I'm not sure it should be set in that case
(maybe more a DontShowIn=GNOME,KDE but it's not really a perfect
solution either), but asking awn to be smart on this might not be easy
at all.

Yves-Alexis