Remove randr 1.1 support in xfce4-display-settings?

Lionel Le Folgoc mrpouit at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 27 23:30:20 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 08:06:06PM +0000, Alex Wolfson wrote:
> Auke Kok <auke <at> foo-projects.org> writes:
>

> > Nick Schermer wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd say go for it and focus on randr 1.2, the closed source driver
> > > have custom tools (which work a lot better for them) afaik.
> >
> > yep. just kill it. That's what my colleagues would say :)
> >
> > Auke
> >

> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to fix that display resolution settings,
> by porting xrandr code to xfce.
> I have very limited xfce experience so what Jerone is doing is of cause
> better.
> I had ported display setting confirmation dialog from gnome so far,
>  and then realized that randr 1.2 support is disabled in
> dialogs/display-settings/main.c
> /* not available yet */
> #undef HAS_RANDR_ONE_POINT_TWO
>
> So when this new Jerone's code will be available?
> Can I wait for it (which is of cause preferable) or have to implement some
> through away solution because I need it for the customer soon?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex

Hi,

The code is already available on git.xfce.org, in the
'xrandr-display-settings' branch of xfce4-settings (not merged into
master yet). You can get it and build it, it should work; it's not
widely tested though, no more than three or four people afaik…

You can already set many settings in the UI, except the output positions
and which screen is primary (but xfconf-query or xrandr can be used for
that anyway). However, Jerôme is in vacation with limited connectivity
until the end of the week (iirc), and I don't think the new UI is ready,
thus you'll still have the "old-not-so-shiny" one with a treeview and
some comboboxes. ;)

Regards,
Lionel

--
Lionel Le Folgoc - https://launchpad.net/~mrpouit
E61E 116D 4BA1 3936 0A33  F61D 65D9 A66E 10E2 969A