Remove randr 1.1 support in xfce4-display-settings?

Alex Wolfson alex.wolfson at canonical.com
Tue Jul 27 22:06:06 CEST 2010

Auke Kok <auke <at> foo-projects.org> writes:

> Nick Schermer wrote:
> > 2010/7/4 Jérôme Guelfucci <jeromeg <at> xfce.org>:
> >> I propose that we drop the randr 1.1 only support from our display stack. It
> >> brings very little benefits as (afaik) it is only useful for proprietary
> >> drivers which also offer their own graphical tool to handle displays AND it
> >> is a real maintenance burden and slows development (testing all scenarios is
> >> really annoying).
> >
> > I'd say go for it and focus on randr 1.2, the closed source driver
> > have custom tools (which work a lot better for them) afaik.
>
> yep. just kill it. That's what my colleagues would say :)
>
> Auke

Hi all,

I was trying to fix that display resolution settings,
by porting xrandr code to xfce.
I have very limited xfce experience so what Jerone is doing is of cause
better.
I had ported display setting confirmation dialog from gnome so far,
 and then realized that randr 1.2 support is disabled in
dialogs/display-settings/main.c
/* not available yet */
#undef HAS_RANDR_ONE_POINT_TWO

So when this new Jerone's code will be available?
Can I wait for it (which is of cause preferable) or have to implement some
through away solution because I need it for the customer soon?

Thanks,

Alex