Remove randr 1.1 support in xfce4-display-settings?

Lionel Le Folgoc lionel at lefolgoc.net
Sun Jul 4 13:00:46 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 12:16:07PM +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

> What does this exactly mean for proprietary drivers? That the display
> settings tool will be useless but they still can do stuff with the
> proprietary tool? Or that they can do some stuff at the moment they
> won't be able to do later?
>
> In the former case, I'm all with droping 1.1 stuff, In the latter case,
> it might not be a good idea.

At the moment, they can probably change the resolution and refresh rate
(I'm just guessing, it never worked for me…) of their screen using
xfce4-display-settings.
If 1.1 support is removed, they shouldn't be able to do anything at all
if their driver doesn't advertise a randr extension >= 1.2.

Cheers,
Lionel
--
Lionel Le Folgoc - https://launchpad.net/~mrpouit
E61E 116D 4BA1 3936 0A33  F61D 65D9 A66E 10E2 969A