Remove randr 1.1 support in xfce4-display-settings?

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Sun Jul 4 12:16:07 CEST 2010

On dim., 2010-07-04 at 11:48 +0200, Jérôme Guelfucci wrote:

> I propose that we drop the randr 1.1 only support from our display
> stack. It brings very little benefits as (afaik) it is only useful for
> proprietary drivers which also offer their own graphical tool to handle
> displays AND it is a real maintenance burden and slows development
> (testing all scenarios is really annoying).

What does this exactly mean for proprietary drivers? That the display
settings tool will be useless but they still can do stuff with the
proprietary tool? Or that they can do some stuff at the moment they
won't be able to do later?

In the former case, I'm all with droping 1.1 stuff, In the latter case,
it might not be a good idea.

Are we sure though that the proprietary drivers are the only ones
without randr 1.2 support?
--
Yves-Alexis