Polkit as an optional dependency of xfce4-session

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Fri Jan 29 10:27:55 CET 2010

On 01/29/2010 10:00 AM, Nick Schermer wrote:
> the user does not
> care which system shuts down his system, but that it works... So try
> to avoid configure options for now until everybody uses polkit or
> whatever other attempts are made.

Hmmh, that being said, I'm not sure configure options are as bad as
that. Either the user builds from source, and I'm expecting her to know
what systems is used (am I wrong on that?), either she doesn't, and
that's up to the packager to have a consistent distro.

In my case, the hal/powerkit/ukit/whatever migration has already started
(both seem to be running on my Debian system), so at one point I'll be
able to switch the xfpm/xfce4-session configure flag (if it exists) to
jump in the u*/*kit wagon (we already pull consolekit/devicekit anyway,
nowadays, but that's a Debian choice)

Yves-Alexis