Bug caching xfce4-menu

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Mon Jan 18 08:59:33 CET 2010

Hello,

There is a small problem in the caching of the submenus of xfce4 start
menu. When the first event (mouseover or click) on an item of a xfce4
start menu is detected, the submenu doesn't appear. The sub-menu only
appears on the detection of a second event.

It's quite challenging to reproduce the problem with a mouse because
while moving the pointer, one creates many mouseover events and the
second event mentioned above comes immediately. Nevertheless, it's
possible to see a delay (probably around 0.1s) before the submenu
appears.

The problem is that I'm using a touchscreen interface and then having
just the first event is something that happens much frequently.

It's worth mentioning that this problem occurs only the first time. Once
the submenu has been loaded, it appears even on a first mouseover or
click event.

Very last, this problem doesn't occur with a standard gtk+ submenu. It
also seems that xfce4 menu uses the libxfcegui4 menu. So I guess that
the problem relies in libxfcegui4. Any idea where I should look for to
fix this problem?

Grégoire