Call for testing/reviewing for the settings-editor branch of xfce4-settings
nickschermer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 20:33:27 CET 2010
2010/1/13 Jérôme Guelfucci <jeromeg at xfce.org>:
> I recently implemented a lot of missing features in xfce4-settings-editor in
> a branch named jeromeg/settings-editor. I would appreciate it if some
> persons could test it (everything seems to work fine here) and if one of our
> gurus could review it ^^
- Channel reset dialog does not follow hig. Needs cancel/reset button
and description could be better (<primary>Are you sure you want to
reset channel %s</primary><secondary>Resetting a channel will
permanently remove your custom setting</secondary>
- Cannot overwrite (create with same name) a property that has
children. Now always marked are Empty; which is not true, in xfconf
this can contain a property as well.
- Channel right-click you use remove/reset in button for properties
reset/remove. Better use Reset (like xfconf-query) and explain in the
dialog this will remove the property from the users' (!) config.
- Maybe reload/monitoring in properties view so you get the new values
without exit->enter channel and lookup the property again. Cool future
would be a message window that shows a timestamp + changed-property.
- No sorting of properties, they just show up in random order.
- Some properties with children has an empty type, while they
definitely have a value too.
- Cant edit properties with weird types (GPtrArray_GTypes_), better
mark the edit button insensitive.
Will look at the code later.
More information about the Xfce4-dev