Valuable pleasment for help with using Orca screen reader with XFCE desktop environment

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel chmiel at deep.cz
Sun Jan 10 14:24:46 CET 2010

Dear core developers of XFCE,

    I would like to very valuably please You for Your professional assistance while getting Orca screen reader to work with XFCE. Unfortunately, eventhough i tried to create The .gtkrc-2.0 file according to The instructions from MR Nick Schermer, Orca is still working only with Mozilla Firefox application. Please, would You try to analyse The problem, so Orca would work normally with XFCE? I Am not so deeply intelligent like core developers of XFCE, but i believe, that You are very kind and smart developers and that if it would be possible to help not only me, You would do this.

    Unfortunately, i do not know about other Linux distribution eccepts Mandriva One with XFCE, which would enable to try this.

In Debian, I Am getting errors related to various Python components, now I Am triing to download Opensuse 11.0 with XFCE desktop environment, but my opinion is, that i will always get in to The troubles while triing to work with other applications than with Mozilla Firefox in XFCE. Do You think, that some other environment variable would be set by using set command to enable full at-spi support?

Thank You for any help. XFCE is very stable, provides fast application access and is allocating very little RAM, so other programs are able to use memory more efficiently.