About xfdesktop with GIO

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Thu Feb 18 16:11:01 CET 2010

> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that introduce a
> dependency on Thunar? I don't think that was the case before. What
> would happen if someone uses xfdesktop but Thunar is not running /
> installed?

We all like flexibility, but in order to create a more consistent
desktop environment xfdesktop should depend heavily on thunar, for
example things like right-click->properties on a folder should show the
same result in Thunar and in xfdesktop, ideally also xfdesktop should
use thunar's action menu plugins as well.

> ~David

Ali