Mousepad development

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Thu Feb 4 14:47:34 CET 2010

On 04/02/2010 14:13, Alexander Kuleshov wrote:
> First mousepad has very little opportunity,
> so I have to use gedit or other editor, because of what has derazhat
> gnome libraries. Why mousepad slowly evolving and there are so few
> opportunities, why not highlight the source code, simultaneous work
> with many documents, the theme editor and much more? Why? This is no
> one to do or for some other reason. I am ready and have a great desire
> to improve the mousepad, but don `t know whether you need it?

I'm not sure any of this is really the point of Mousepad. Nick might
disagree, but for my part, I like mousepad tiny as it is. When I need
multiple buffers, source code highlighting etc. I run (g)vim. Each task
as an adapted tool, I'm not sure it makes sense to bloat Mousepad just
to redo (badly) something which already exists.

My 2 cents :)

Yves-Alexis