Can not push to git anymore

Steve Dodier-Lazaro sidnioulz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 13:00:59 CEST 2010

Hello everybody,

As I already complained on IRC, and despite the help of auke, I still can
not push to the xfce4-volumed branch. Whatever I do, I get the following
error:

steve at barcelona:XVD$ git push ssh://
sidi at git.xfce.org/git/apps/xfce4-volumedCounting objects: 26, done.
[...]
Email invalid; please set user.email in your git config.
Failed at rev d62c004daba44434bd19e5190b637c00468df30d
error: hooks/update exited with error code 1
error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To ssh://sidi@git.xfce.org/git/apps/xfce4-volumed
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://
sidi at git.xfce.org/git/apps/xfce4-volumed'

I tried to set my global user.email to both sidnioulz at gmail.com and
sidi at xfce.org, without success
steve at barcelona:XVD$ git config -l
user.name=Steve Dodier
user.email=sidnioulz at gmail.com

I've got absolutely no idea what to do, neither why it went wrong in the
first time. If anyone has a clue of what I could do to be able to push
again, please let me know.

--
Steve Dodier-Lazaro
Student at École Nationale Supérieure d'Ingénieurs de Bourges