LightDM

Mark Trompell mark at foresightlinux.org
Wed Aug 18 14:29:50 CEST 2010

Am Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:18:18 +1000
schrieb Robert Ancell <robert.ancell at gmail.com>:

> Hi,

> What I need from you:
> - Feedback!

I still wasn't able to login with lightdm, so it makes something
different than gdm and lxdm, which I successfully tried. So what does
lightdm need to run?
Do I need to play around with my pam modules?

> - Tell me what features XFCE needs.

I can't speak for the devs, but I guess gtk+ 2 compatibility is a must,
as is no dependancy on random gnome packages.

> - How to fit in with the XFCE release schedule.

Just release, I would say. No fix N months release schedule here right
now.

> - Keep bugging me until all the roadblocks are gone.  You can send me
> an email every day if you like with the list of bugs that are stopping
> it from working in XFCE. :)

I will.