Wrap workspaces patch for xfce4-panel

Victor Leschuk vleschuk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 16:25:37 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I just started using xfce4 and I like it. However I noted one little issue
which annoyed me, in "Windows Manager Tweaks" it is possible to
enable/disable workspace wrapping when first or last workspace is reached
during switching. However there is no such a possibility for xfce4-panel
pager plugin: workspaces are always wrapped and this cannot be configured.

I didn't want the workspaces to wrap when using my mouse wheel to switch
them, so I wrote a small patch (attached) to add the option similar to
"Windows Manager Tweaks" and rebuilt my RPM. ( I am using fedora 12 x86)

I tested it with xfce4 4.6.2 from official fedora repo but I believe the
patch will work with git sources too ( for some reason git clone didn't work
at my current place, will try later when I get home).

I hope this patch can be useful for XFCE panel.

Let me know your thoughts.