New design for the xfce.org website

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Fri Sep 18 04:11:32 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:
> It might be nice to feature not only blog.xfce.org but also
> identi.ca/xfce on the front page. We could even go one step further and
> have a "People talk about Xfce" box listing the last 10-20
> identi.ca/twitter posts with a few common hash tags (#Xfce, #Thunar)
> and groups (!Xfce). Just to pay tribute to the growing relevance of
> these platforms.

I think the identi.ca/xfce idea is good, assuming most people keep the
check mark on it when they do releases. But really twitter? New blog
posts sometimes take a while already, and I think it looks a little
lame to have a twitter box and then only really old stuff in it. Maybe
I'm wrong though, can someone check how frequently people post to
those categories Jannis listed?

~David