New design for the xfce.org website

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Fri Sep 18 01:36:29 CEST 2009

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:50:37 +0200
Jérôme Guelfucci <jeromeg at xfce.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Pasi Lallinaho and I are going to start working on a new design for
> the Xfce website, to improve the way the information is given and to
> make it look more modern. We will first work (well, Pasi mostly) on a
> demo and then merge our changes if we are all satisfied.

Cool, you two are my heros!

> Pasi and I wanted to know if you had any thoughts, ideas, suggestions
> for the new design. Any comments are welcome!

It might be nice to feature not only blog.xfce.org but also
identi.ca/xfce on the front page. We could even go one step further and
have a "People talk about Xfce" box listing the last 10-20
identi.ca/twitter posts with a few common hash tags (#Xfce, #Thunar)
and groups (!Xfce). Just to pay tribute to the growing relevance of
these platforms.

That's it. I'm pretty I sure I'll throw in my two cents again when you
post the first layout ideas. ;)

  - Jannis