cpufreq in the power manager

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Thu Sep 17 02:27:00 CEST 2009

Mike Massonnet wrote:
> 2009/9/16 Auke Kok <sofar at foo-projects.org>:
>> Josh Saddler wrote:
>>> Indeed.
>> I would - if ever - just write a separate plugin for this instead.
>>
>> battery and CPU are very different things. A single CPU plugin that can do
>> this would seem much more appropriate than polluting the simple battery
>> plugin.
>>

> You call it I name it:
> http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-cpufreq-plugin
>
> But the "information" is, I believe, a dialog that currently shows the
> mark of the battery, its max-values etc, thus it shouldn't be a bad
> place after all to display also CPU informations.

I disagree. I can come up with 20 (only?) more things that would be
worth displaying in the battery status plugin that might also be
semi-related.  But that doesn't mean that all those should just be
shoved in there, nor does it mean everyone should be exposed to that
fine-grained featuritis, because really, ondemand should work for
everyone, and nobody should ever be using something else on a desktop.
again. /imrepeatingmyself :P