Xarchiver

Giuseppe Torelli colossus73 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 22:57:38 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Auke Kok<auke at foo-projects.org> wrote:
> I don't think resentment is the feeling we have, more like astonishment that
> after all the preparation, announcements and discussion on the git move,
> there is one person who (after this all happens) is unhappy about it, but as
> far as I have seen, not voiced his concerns beforehand.

My reply was to Ingo only not to you all XFCE guys.

> That's kind of a big surprise, and something we might have been able to do
> something about had we known earlier. I, for one, have given several git
> courses to colleagues at work, to get them ramped up with git.

I tried to work with git at first since Ingo asked me because he was
not able to compile subversion on his scratch Linux distro but I got
frustrated googling the git errors each time I tried to push. I also
found difficult to start another branch and work with it. I never had
all the troubles I had with git when using svn. Thank you Auke for
your kind proposal to help me regarding git, be sure I appreciate your
kindness. Lately I don't have time at all to follow git courses or
reading docs or googling for solution when under svn, commits were
always smooth so my only alternative was to quit and return to
sourceforge.

I already started to rewrite Xarchiver by reusing portions of the
0.5.2 code since I got more C experience when I started Xarchiver back
in 2005. Any help by anyone (Ingo included) is ALWAYS appreciated, I
don't have any problems to apply patches and quote people in the About
box of Xarchiver.

Giuseppe
--
colossus73
Imagination, a simple and lightweight DVD slide show maker -