XfceSMClient is done-ish

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 17:03:18 CEST 2009

2009/10/5 Brian J. Tarricone <brian at tarricone.org>:

> Hi guys,
>
> I think I'm pretty happy with the XfceSMClient API, and I'm more or less
> ready to merge it back to master.  Please let me know if you have
> comments or suggestions.

Some random comments:

- I see you want to include the code in the main library not the
private library. This is fine by me, but then I'd prefer you use the
same coding style are the other files. I know we don't have a hard
policy here, but use 1 style in each module is the least we can do....

- What about support for suspend/hibernate in the restart hints?

- A guchar for the priority feels a bit weird. I userstand you do this
for the SmProp, but a guint is probably nicer for public api.

- XfceSMClientPriority are just defaults that 'make sense' right? use
#define (like G_PRIORITY_*) in that case or enum without typedef.

- Maybe only set the icon and app name in
xfce_sm_client_set_desktop_file() if g_get_application_name or
gtk_window_get_default_icon_name (gtk 2.16) are NULL? A lot of apps
set those already, maybe not a good idea to overwrite them.

- xfce_safe_strcmp -> g_strcmp0

- sm_client_singleton variable is not used right?

- Gtk/Glib uses G_CONST_RETURN gchar * G_CONST_RETURN * for returning
a gchar ** that should not be freed, I know it's ugly but maybe we
should follow that style...

- Maybe make it a real object by making the structs public and use a
private for the internals?

Appart from that it looks good.

Nick